Done right — email list building can be a cash cow of sorts for any type of business.
I’m sure you’ve heard many marketers refer to their lists as “goldmines”.
And that my friend is for the simple reason, an email list built properly can generate
sales over and over and over again.
Plus… not only is it more affordable than other advertising methods…
…but it also helps in the loyalty and trust department with your customers.
End result — you can generate more sales which leads to more profits —
hence a “goldmine”.
And who doesn’t want their own “goldmine”, right?
So let’s dig in and chat about the 7 simple ideas for building your email list…
1. Provide useful, relevant content. Your visitors will not give you their email addresses just because. You have to provide unique and valuable information that will be of interest or use to them.
2. Make it easy for readers to sign up. The more information you request, the fewer people will opt-in. If it’s not necessary, don’t ask!
4. Give gifts people can actually use. Offer an opt-in bonus for joining your email list! But don’t limit yourself to offering gifts to opt-ins. Pass out ‘goodies’ throughout the year because your subscribers will feel truly appreciated − and that’s good for business!
5. Build a squeeze page. A squeeze page has one goal − to acquire opt-ins and build your list. It should feature a strong headline and a couple of powerful benefits that should make subscribers salivate to sign up!
6. Blog consistently. Blogging is a great way to communicate with prospects and potential customers, and creates a nice synergy with your email marketing.
7. Comment on other blogs. Post thoughtful comments and information on similar blogs with a link to your squeeze or opt-in pages. This is an easy way to generate new traffic and subscribers, and get your brand out there!
Well — that is all for today — if you found value in this post or at the very least learned one thing that helped you — over on the top right hand side of my blog — you can jump on my email list because I send out my best stuff to my inner circle and people like you… 🙂