I belong to a group on Facebook called The Women Of Facebook.
The other day a “friend” of mine by the name of Heather Calhoun posed this question:
“Are you a self-taught entrepreneur or did you invest in training? If you invested, what area did you invest in? (Leadership, Marketing, Sales..etc) How did you decipher who was legit and who was a ‘fake guru’, lol? I can’t wait to hear your responses!”
Of course there were many answers and if you’re a member of the group, you can easily find the thread.
However, I decided to make this blog post out of my answer because I thought it was good information that may help some folks that are looking into training.
So without further ado, here is my response:
OMG, do I have a list for you Heather Calhoun!
But before I lay it out…
I did both self education and have invested in training.
Here is what I observed about FAKE GOOROOS:
1. They cannot produce documentation.
2. They say that their clients identities are confidential and private.
3. They have NO STUDENTS to show.
4. They always do A LOT of talking instead of LISTENING.
5. They hide behind webinar screens.
6. They do not answer their phone.
7. They do not “do what they say or say what they do”.
8. They SELL more than they TEACH.
9. They blame their students for their lack of success instead of reevaluating their own ‘teaching’ method.
10. They subtly insert doubt into the minds of their students. (saying things like: most don’t succeed, most can’t follow instructions, most will never make it)
11. They can’t take their student from where they are at, to the next level.
12. They have no blueprint for success.
13. They talk in circles.
OK… I will stop there… as I see this list is turning into the ENERGIZER BUNNY!
If you are in network marketing and are looking for a way to enhance your business with supplemental training and support, click HERE for an example of a LEGITIMATE PROGRAM.
Until next time…
Nothing but LOVE & FUN + DOWN & DIRTY…